If you are a dividend investor, last weeks melt-down provided a great opportunity for buying dividend stocks. As the price goes down, the yield goes up. Many companies continued to increase their dividends giving investors something to be happy about. Below are several companies that increased their dividends last week:
- Excel Maritime (EXM) Boosts Qtr Dividend Guidance 100% To $0.40/Share
- Medtronic (MDT) Raises Qtr. Dividend 50% to $0.1875
- New York Mortgage Trust (NYMT) Raises Dividend 33% to $0.16/Share
- CSX Corporation (CSX) Increases Dividend 22% to $0.22/Share
- Best Buy (BBY) Increases Dividend 8% to $0.14/Share
- Peoples Financial Corp. (PFBX) Raises Dividend 7% to $0.29/Share
- H&R Block (HRB) Raises Dividend 5% to $0.60/Share
After running these companies through my [D4L-PreScreen.xls] model none of them warranted additional consideration. MDT was the closest with a NPV of MMA Differential of $1,338.
At the time of this writing, I did not own any of the aforementioned stocks.
- Do you Have The Frugal Gene
- The First Steps To Investing
- Process Overview and Asset Allocation
- 21 Suggestions for Success
- Is Your Portfolio Average?